Chief Executive | Stroud District Council
It’s the perfect time to join Stroud District in a leadership role. As our current Chief Executive retires, we are looking forward to a new phase of change. We are approaching the end of a near-£20million project to deliver new homes, and we aspire to provide and facilitate even more. We are driving prosperity through employment, strengthening our transport and ICT infrastructure, and maintaining our commitment to quality of life through our environmental, health and wellbeing initiatives.
We’ve already achieved a lot to be proud of, which means that there is a sound platform here for you to develop. Major regeneration projects are in the advanced stages and we’ve built a reputation for innovation, expertise and user-focused service delivery. The regeneration of our canals is an award-winning project. Our flood management schemes are nationally acclaimed. Our carbon reduction programme saw us become the first council in Europe to be recognised as carbon neutral.
We’re now looking for a Chief Executive who can continue this good work and continue to make an impact. Your key areas of focus will be:
- Delivering high quality core services and improving quality of life for our residents
- Driving our successful programme of capital and investment projects
- Meeting the challenge of making the Council financially sustainable
- Encouraging innovative thinking.
Stroud is a relatively close-knit organisation, with a strong sense of purpose and motivated teams. We are financially sound, clear on what we want to achieve and ready to support a new Chief Executive who has the skills to take us forward. You must have:
- A nuanced understanding of the current challenges local government faces
- A proven track record of inspiring others and delivering complex projects
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams and engaging key external stakeholders
- The credibility and judgement to influence outcomes and steer change
- The capability to think commercially and identify opportunities to drive prosperity.
This is perfect for an individual who wants an environment where they have the support they need to make change happen, implement ideas and focus on delivery. It could be a step up – but if so, you will definitely have a proven track record as a senior officer and the ambition to take on more leadership responsibility.
We’ve built a Stroud District to be proud of. Help us create a future to be proud of, too.
Learn more about the role and the personal qualities we are looking for here: